(Hillsboro, OR) Increasing Whole Educator Potential to Develop Whole Students (Equity, Mindset, Grit, Body & Character)
Administered by ESD 171
- Scott Ricardo
Joined in an engaging community atmosphere, teachers will learn and be inspired by our speakers, have opportunities to network and build relationships with fellow educators, and most of all, spend valuable time remembering why they teach
- A greater aptitude for classroom management and instructional strategies.
- An expanded intellectual and leadership capacity of schoolteachers, principals, and others in the school community.
- Exposure to the best available research methods and practices in teaching, student learning, and leadership principles.
- An improved ability to develop effective teaching content and strategies.
- A better understanding of personal health and wellness and what it means to be a role model of wellness for youth.
- An improved ability to gain new course curriculum ideas from experiential field based learning activities.
- Exposure to coaching techniques to develop positive relationships with students, parents and staff.
- Updating technological abilities to use in the classroom.
- To introduce educators to the educational programs offered at off campus learning sites.
- To discuss with educators how to effectively integrate current educational philosophy and methods into their classroom agendas.
- To study varied interdisciplinary topics/methodologies and explore strategies for integration into current classroom content.
- Teachers will gain a broad knowledge of interdisciplinary topics and how they can introduce and implement interdisciplinary studies into their curriculum.
- Teachers will gain an understanding of education as a social institution and how education impacts and affects teachers, students and the greater communities in which they teach.
- Teachers will be able to evaluate educational opportunities and be better prepared to develop lessons that allow for alignment with ever evolving state standards.
Mon, July 17 2017 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM21945 NW Wagon Way, Hillsboro, OR 97124
Tue, July 18 2017 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM21945 NW Wagon Way, Hillsboro, OR 97124
Wed, July 19 2017 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM21945 NW Wagon Way, Hillsboro, OR 97124
Thu, July 20 2017 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM21945 NW Wagon Way, Hillsboro, OR 97124
Fri, July 21 2017 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM21945 NW Wagon Way, Hillsboro, OR 97124
Event # 24908
- 9 / 150
- Registration Ends
- Saturday Jul 22, 2017 12:00 AM