Elementary Math Specialist Content and Pedagogy-WSAC (SPU) Training
Up to 28 Hours Face to Face & up to 32 Hours Online
Administered by OESD 114
- Tamara Smith
This course focuses on learning rigorous mathematics content (grades 9-12) to prepare Elementary Mathematics Specialist candidates to pass the MGM assessment as well as to prepare them to be knowledgeable mathematics instructors and teacher leaders. This course covers all major areas of mathematics instruction and integrates the standards of mathematical practice into all content. Specific attention is given to recent research based pedagogical practices including student discourse, questioning, use of precise mathematical language, multiple mathematical representations, varied instructional formats, and assessment strategies to support culturally responsive teaching. To support elementary teachers' mathematics instruction, it is imperative that the Elementary Mathematics Specialists have
- By the end of the course EMS candidates will demonstrate a conceptual understanding of, procedural fluency with, and application of:
- Number and Operations
- Algebra and Functions
- Geometry and Measure
- Statistics and Probability
- Ratio and Proportional Reasoning.
- By the end of the course EMS candidates will demonstrate a firm foundation in elementary mathematics pedagogy and recent research that promotes practices that will prepare students to be proficient mathematical thinkers.
*The online course goes from July 18th to August 9th.
|Tuesday Jul 18 2017 7/18/17||8:00 AM||5:00 PM||OESD 114|
|Thursday Jul 20 2017 7/20/17||8:00 AM||5:00 PM||OESD 114|
|Tuesday Aug 1 2017 8/1/17||8:00 AM||5:00 PM||OESD 114|
|Thursday Aug 3 2017 8/3/17||8:00 AM||5:00 PM||OESD 114|
Event # 47420
- 9 / 30
- Registration Ends
- Thursday Aug 31, 2017 12:00 AM